If your emails are not open, you won't be able to increase your income because they're going to forget you exist. Email marketing is a very lucrative marketing method that works better than almost any other type of marketing ever known. Because of that, it's imperative that you use email marketing and that you optimize it to get more opens.
1. Use your name for the return address.
Do not send your email from info, admin, or office. This automatically will trigger many spam filters.
Plus, it is more personal to have your emails coming for you. This will increase your emails being opened. (laura@ )
I also suggest you only use your first name in the form. This allows more characters for your subject line. ( Email previews are usually limited to 35 to 90 characters)
So instead of my emails coming from Laura Bastion, they are sent from Laura.
2. Create Compelling Subject Lines
The very first thing your audience sees besides your return address and name, which by the way, should be friendly, easy to remember, and reply to, and not one of those ‘no-reply' email types, is the subject line.
Your audience sees the subject line before they even click along with several other subject lines.
If you're to get them to open it, the subject line should make them curious.
Here are some tips for creating your subject lines:
- Use between six and ten words, no more than 50 characters.
- Ask a question.
- Witty Subject lines…that make you say hmm, what is that about!
- Create Curiosity
- Personalize it.
- Elicit fear of missing out (FOMO)
- Use capital letters and words wisely.
- Put keywords first.
- Keep it simple and straightforward.
Remember how the subject line is viewed on the devices your audience uses. In most cases, you want to keep the subject line character count under 35 to 90 characters so that words aren't cut off oddly.
3. SPLIT TEST Your Subject lines
If you do not split test your subject lines, you are relying on the fact that you think you know exactly what your audience is going to open. That is not a good system to work off of.
You'll want to practice writing subject lines and test at least two of your creations. It's best if you write at least ten different subject lines for each one that you're going to use to find just the right one.
Split testing your subject lines will increase your open rates but is also going to help you get through more spam filters.
4. Optimize Everything for Mobile
95% of users are reading their emails on their mobile devices. The main reason is that mobile devices are and have been outselling PCs for years and will continue to. Most of your audience likely uses mobile, with few exceptions.
You must make sure your emails are optimized for mobile.
If you are wondering how many are on mobile vs. computer, check out your analytics on Google to find out what devices are being used.
6. Send Only Valuable and Useful Content
The very best thing you can do from day one is to use every single message, show value to your audience. This will make them WANT to open your emails and miss them when they don't receive them.
What this means is that you must answer this question before sending an email, “What's in it for my ideal customer?”
Also, ensure that the email message delivers on your goal by crafting a persuasive message that motivates them to answer your calls to action.
One final bonus trick that you can use to increase open rates, assuming you've paid close attention to everything else, is to always build up anticipation for the next email.
Mention the subject line, and of course, always open up your email for replies.
In fact, if you ask for an answer and get them, it will increase your open rate, too, because it builds trust and signals to the technology that you're safe.
What have you found best to increase your email open rates?
- Six Email Marketing Strategies to Incorporate into your Online Business
- Five Ways to Improve and Scale Your Digital Marketing Plan
- IMPROVE YOUR SALES Calls …. & GET MORE CLIENTS
- 10 Ways to Get Clients for Your Online Business
- Get Clients on LinkedIn for Your Coaching Business
- 13 of My Favorite Automation & Productivity Tools
- How to Increase Your Email Open Rates
- 10 Email Subject Line Hacks
- 5 Tips to Delegate & Make Money Online Coaching
- How to Make Money from Your Email List